Speight Architects closes from noon Friday until 10:00 PM Saturday evening in preparation for and celebration of the 7th Day Sabbath as instituted by God at Creation for everyone. These are some of the reasons we celebrate the 7th day Sabbath:
- “Thus the heavens and earth were completed in all their vast array. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done.” Genesis 2:1,3 NIV This was thousands of years before the birth of Abraham and the Hebrew and Jewish people.”
- The 4th of the 10 commandments written by the finger of God tell us, “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter…nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:8-11 NIV (Alien means a non Hebrew.)
- The Sabbath is mentioned in the Bible 172 times. The word for Saturday and Sabbath is the same in 24 languages.
- Biblical days are from evening unto evening. See Genesis 1:1 – 2:3. The 7th day Sabbath is from Friday evening sundown to Saturday evening sundown.
- …on the Sabbath He (Jesus Christ) went into the synagogue as was His custom. Luke 4:16 NIV
- There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. Hebrews 4:9,10 NIV
- Speaking of the time of trouble just before His return, Jesus Christ said, “Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.” Matthew 24: 20 NIV
- . . .Christ died for sin once for all. . . 1 Peter 3:18. Christ was crucified on Friday (the Preparation day) John 19:14. Christ rested in the tomb over the Sabbath and was resurrected on the 1st. Day, early Easter Sunday morning. Mark 16:9.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8 NIV
- I the Lord do not change. Malachi 3:6 NIV
- “As the new heavens and new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. From . . . one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. Isaiah 66:22-24
- In heaven we will celebrate the Sabbath.
If you would like to know more about the Sabbath, go to www.SabbathTruth.com.